posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
donquijote1954 donquijote1954 is offline

Default kayak paddle best for canoe?

Well, it's not a pure canoe, but a kind of hybrid...the Adventure 14 by
Mad River, which I've being paddling like a kayak with 245cm paddles,
and it goes just great. I can even see the extra benefit of levelling
the boat in high winds with a simple stroke on the water.

Now, having bought the canoe paddles and the book with the proper
technique, should I bother to learn? My main use is in the bay with
flat or moderate chop where wind may be an issue.

Thank You in Advance