Don White Don White is offline

Default What's Difference Between Inch-Pound Torque and Feet-Pound Torque?

NOYB wrote:
" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

"NOYB" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

On 16 Oct 2006 10:31:35 -0700, penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Now, I am wondering if the pounds-rating of my torque
wrench is in term of inch-pounds or feet-pounds. It doesn't say. Is
this something supposed to be "understood" like "if it doesn't say, it
must be feet-pounds"?

No.... don't make that assumption.

Good advice. In dentistry, we tighten implant abutments to 35 N-cm. 1
lb-ft equals 135.5818 N-cm. If I assumed lb-ft when the manufacturer
said "tighten to 35", I'd wrench the patient's head off.

Welcome back. Where have you been?

Boating. Fishing. Working. Hawaii. Boating. Fishing. Working. Boating.
Fishing. Working.

translation... gearing up to mine the mouths of the soon to arrive
Snowbirds.