posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gilligan Gilligan is offline

Default Recalled yet again!

The Floodgates have opened!!!!

Reviewed by: franktimpson
Year: 2006
Model: kia sedona lx
Price Paid: $24000.00 at shortline kia in aur
problem,airbag light comes on all the time, when accelerating the engine
redlines because of transmission slipping, problem after problem , i cant
take this anymore someone please help

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
everything

Similar Products Used:
dodge, ford

Reviewed by: Big B
Year: 2006
Model: Sedona/EX
Price Paid: $24500.00 at Lake Charles Kia

vehicle ever made. It is only 5 months old and is falling apart. It has A/C
problems, shimmies, transmission shifts into neutral for no reason, drivers
seat is loose, dash pad blistered, turn signals do not turn off when
steering wheel is turned opposite direction. Dealer cannot fix problems
because computer does not code up. Has anybody else had any of these
problems? Maybe someone out there with these problems has had the dealer
find out what is wrong with the van, maybe we can all pull together and get
these things recalled. When you gas your van to merge into traffic on a busy
Interstate and it does not move and you have to swerve off the road to avoid
an acccident that is a dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strengths:
Atractive roomy vehicle, Supposed to be safe but never advertise it's
quality. My family has almost been ran over on 2 occassions because vehicle
is in drive but will not move when accelerator is depressed. Engine redlines
like engine in neutral, but is in drive.

Weaknesses:
Vehicle has been in shop over a dozen times, everytime one thing gets fixed
something else breaks

Looks like a Major recall issue
by Jude from Ohio (7/15/06)

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful
Overall Satisfaction
Appearance
Comfort
Performance
Value

Pros: sliding doors go downand better fuel milage
Cons: Possible recall issue

Sedona hits 65 to 75 mph and the steering wheel developes a severe rocking
and shaking issue. Kia has replaced the front axel, checked the tires and
balance. They have no idea whats causing the problem nor how to correct it.
350 miles on my new sedona and Im in a rental car because they cant fix it.
The dealer has 4 other sedonas in his shop with the same issue.

Junkiest vehicle ever made, Don't Buy!!
by Brian from Central Louisiana (8/27/06)

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful
Overall Satisfaction
Appearance
Comfort
Performance
Value

Pros: We puchased the van because of it's roominess and looks, dont be
fooled it is yellow underneath
Cons: nothing but problems, afraid to drive because of transmission
almost ran over once!

We recently purchased a 2006 Kia Sedonna Minivan. It has to be the junkiest
vehicle ever made. It is only 5 months old and is falling apart. It has A/C
problems, shimmies, transmission shifts into neutral for no reason, drivers
seat is loose, dash pad blistered, turn signals do not turn off when
steering wheel is turned opposite direction, door latches are becoming hard
to operate and side doors hard to close. Have '99 Caravan that works like
silk even now. Dealer cannot fix problems because computer does not code up.
Has been in shop at least 12 times. We fix one thing and something else
breaks. Has anybody else had any of these problems? Maybe someone out there
with these problems has had the dealer find out what is wrong with the van,
maybe we can all pull together and get these things recalled. When you gas
your van to merge into traffic on a busy Interstate and it does not move and
you have to swerve off the road to avoid an acccident that is a
dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else out there with problems need help to
rid of this junk!!!

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
by bkryz from Oxford, CT (9/14/06)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful
Overall Satisfaction
Appearance
Comfort
Performance
Value

Pros: great warranty, looks good, a lot for the money
Cons: BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES-----

We have had major break problems with this car. Kia just bought it back from
us via the lemon law. Our breaks were down to 5%, on 5 occasions over a
years period. Not good when you have a child. Dont let the warranty fool you
or 5 star crash rating-what good is either when your brakes dont work. This
is a known issue on 2005-2006 models and they are still trying to work on a
solution.

Go buy a Town & Country and dont get caught in the hype-its cheap for a
reason and we figured that out the hard way. I cannot believe this is rated
at the top!

Not happy at all
by Linda Kohler from Surprise, AZ 85374 (10/12/06)

0 out of 0 people found this review helpful
Overall Satisfaction
Appearance
Comfort
Performance
Value

Pros: nice looking van
Cons: only getting 16,5 miles city or highway, horrible dealership-
Peoria Kia, Peoria, AZ

Not happy at all with the total package. Very bad gas mileage and dealership
is horrible to work with. i have had this van in on three seperate occasions
and feel that nothing improved or was change from their repairs.