posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Recalled yet again!

As far as recalls go: KIA 3 TOYOTA 0.

This is true, but the Sienna has had many recalls, like most cars in
it's full history with it's current chassis. The Sedona is all new for
2006 and the recalls, effecting a small amount of actual vans, is
small. I didn't buy the Sienna because I know several people with them
and they have had trouble. It's much worse for the #1 rated Honda if
you read the forums. Motortrend rated the Sedona a close second behind
the Honda and said it created the most buzz among reviewers because of
the high standards it set. When I helped a friend buy a pair of XB's
last week, even that dealer admitted the Sienna was now 3rd behind the
Sedona. He still prefered the Honda over the Sedona though for it's
handling.
They're all great minivans, but the Sienna is too long in the tooth now
with it's weak powerplant. I'm sure the new Sienna will be #1 when we
see it. For now this van is perfect after 9K miles and we just added
Garmin navigation, which is more cool than useful...but sometimes it's
VERY useful when I'm in NJ!

RB
35s5
NY