JimH JimH is offline

Default What's Difference Between Inch-Pound Torque and Feet-Pound Torque?

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On 16 Oct 2006 10:31:35 -0700, penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Now, I am wondering if the pounds-rating of my torque
wrench is in term of inch-pounds or feet-pounds. It doesn't say. Is
this something supposed to be "understood" like "if it doesn't say, it
must be feet-pounds"?

No.... don't make that assumption.

Good advice. In dentistry, we tighten implant abutments to 35 N-cm. 1
lb-ft equals 135.5818 N-cm. If I assumed lb-ft when the manufacturer said
"tighten to 35", I'd wrench the patient's head off.

Welcome back. Where have you been?