ACP ACP is offline

Default What's Difference Between Inch-Pound Torque and Feet-Pound Torque?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a torque wrench and want to use it to torque the spark plug
properly. The instruction calls for torquing it to 20-feet-pound.
When I read the torque rating of other fittings, I came across some
rating as 60-inch-pound. What's difference between the "feet pound"
rating and "inch pound" torque rating? Which rating the torque wrench
is supposed to use? The instruction manual of the torque wrench
doesn't say anything about this, and the rating imprinted on the wrench
simply says "Pounds". Is 60-inch-pound the same as 5-feet-pound
(60/12=5)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yes, I know that the torque rating is for dry thread, not for thread
that has been coated with anti-sieze compound. I have already read the
past posts about this. Thanks anyway.

Jay Chan

This should help:

http://www.srtorque.com/torqcon/tcip.html