posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm derbyrm is offline

Default Peel Ply.. Please Help

aka white nylon taffeta. (cheap after prom season is over)

It does NOT look like fiberglass.

I'd suggest that maybe you had cold wood and warm epoxy so the epoxy didn't
penetrate the pores of the wood. I like to warm the wood, coat with
unthickened epoxy, kill any pinholes/bubbles, then lay on the glass. But
even when I don't, it's always, eventually, bonded to the wood; it just had
pinholes/bubbles.

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:25:51 -0400, Dan wrote:

What does peel ply look like? Does it look just like 6oz fiberglass cloth?

It looks like 3 oz polyester interlining material.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK