Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Went boating and fishing today.

But not on my boat. Went on a friends charter boat today for Rockfish.
Rock Cod to some, genus Sebastes. Weather was forcast for wind waves of
2-4' and swells of 3-4'. Wrong. Swells up to 8' and 1-2' wind waves. No
sun, overcast. But fishing was good, company was good, and the boat had a
light load of only 10 people today. That is 20' of railing for each person.
Only 2 problems. Getting out of town to Pillar Point Harbor and returning
from Pillar and Halfmoon Bay. I live 5 miles from the interchange to go
west to Oakland and the San Mateo bridge. Interchange is closed, so they
say detour to next off ramp. 5 miles, I follow signs and come back the
other way on freeway and exit this way is closed also. Ended up driving
about 30 miles extra to get to an open on ramp. And leaving Halfmoon Bay is
bad as the annual Pumpkin Fest is in progress. HMB is a major pumpkin
supplier.