KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Sailing fast and Loos

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Skip Gundlach wrote:
Of the several power folks I've spoken with, there was unanimity that I
should wait (varying from a week to a month, with a couple of weeks
being a consensus of adequacy) for the hull to stabilize before trying
to realign the propshaft.

I guess more boats are more poorly built than I realize. Most of the boats
I have experience with, including our 22yo 36' Taiwan-built trawler, have
very little or no deflection when set up on jackstands, and no need
whatever to "settle." In a boat that has more than a tiny fraction of an
inch deflection, I'd think they need some structure re-tabbing.

Fiberglass is wonderful structural material, and most of the people
designing boats know how to spec a girder or panel. Must be the builders!

Doug, Essie takes serious exception to the slanderous allegation that she
was "poorly built." I told her that you really didn't mean it, but I think
it'll be a while before she forgives you.