Bill Kiene Bill Kiene is offline

Default 4.3 2bbl to 4.3 4bbl

From my hot rodding days I remember that the primary venturi size of a 4
barrel carburetor is usually smaller than the venturi size of a 2 barrel
carburetor so having a 4 barrel carb can have more good results than bad. If
given a choice fuel injections is an improvement over a carburetor(s).

I think that some here talk about being sure your motor is really tuned
properly and maybe try different propeller sizes. You can one prop that is
for high speed cruising with lighter loads and then a prop for pulling
skiers or hauling lots of people and gear. This is probably much cheaper
than changing the manifold and carburetor.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"crystalguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
More top end doesn't interest me.
I just bought the boat and won't be able to pull tubes behind it till
spring.
We are all about multiple tubes.....175hp may be enough for us but I
want to know what my options are if it isn't.

Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
and it takes 15hp to gain 1mph! What are you trying to do & why?

"crystalguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a 1988 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser V-6 4.3 with a 2
barrel carb (175 hp)
Is it possible to convert this to a 4.3 with 4 barrel carb (205hp)
Is it just a matter of changing the carb and intake or are the
ingnitions different?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.