posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron Capt.Mooron is offline

Default 35s5 and Dopey Sloco!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Yep, just keep rebuilding it and you'll be fine. What you've basically
done is buy a poor boat and rebuild it into a low end Island Packet.
Good for you.

Look... I maintain and upgrade my boat according to requirements imposed by
time, atrophy and geography..... you simply flog your boat and buy another.
However you decide to intrepret that..... I know every strenght and weakness
of my vessel. You do not have that luxury Bobsprit. You'll never experience
the true merging of man and boat to exceed the sum of it's parts. You
seriously need to expand your horizons. You need to see yourself for what
you are. If not.... you'll never inspire that confidence in your crew and
you'll never, ever understand that achievement.

I have a Mercury Bobcat. Can you take the parts and build me a Lotus?

Short answer... you can "Pimp Your Own Ride" ... you've been doing it for
years! It won't make you a better sailor ... anymore than having a gold
plated grill on a Lada make you a better driver.

Thank You Very Much... I'll be here all week.

CM-