posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 and Dopey Sloco!

So it's all about not letting the roach hit the backstay is it.
Hogwash!

I don't want to "thump th backstay" to clear the main on tacks and
gybes, nor do I want a sail to get more wear for that idea.
I have a ultra modern Kevlar main with more Sq. ft than the stock main
and it DOES NOT contact the backstay EVER. This seems to be a lot
smarter than what you're endorsing. What's more, when discussing adding
roach BOTH UK and Doyle felt it was best to avoid the sail contacting
the backstay.
Hmmm....seems like two lofts and the loft that made the sail all agree.
So did the original owner and North sails where they adopted to cut
from.
Now...on to making a total ass of Sloco....I have found out that NO max
hoist stripe was added by Beneteau on the 35s5's. And I'm going to post
a pic (again) to prove it. But that's for a better thread than this!

RB
35s5
NY