James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default 4.3 2bbl to 4.3 4bbl

James wrote:
A bigger carb will not particularly improve your holeshot. Make sure it is
tuned up and running properly. One thing you can do is under prop it. By
putting a smaller pitch prop on the engine will be able to rev quicker out
of the hole. It will be up to you to not over rev it while running at high
speeds though by you backing off the throttle. I would drop at least two,
may be 4 sizes. In other words if you have a 21 get a 19 or mayybe even a
17. By used on ebay or elsewhere and you can usually sell without much
loss. Keep you old prop and you can swap them back and forth depending on
what you are planning to do for the day.

Kind of makes me wonder why boats don't have a 2 speed gearbox, wouldn't
even have to be synchronized or capable of shifting under power, but to
be able to select speed or acceleration without swapping the prop could
really come in handy.