James James is offline

Default 4.3 2bbl to 4.3 4bbl

A bigger carb will not particularly improve your holeshot. Make sure it is
tuned up and running properly. One thing you can do is under prop it. By
putting a smaller pitch prop on the engine will be able to rev quicker out
of the hole. It will be up to you to not over rev it while running at high
speeds though by you backing off the throttle. I would drop at least two,
may be 4 sizes. In other words if you have a 21 get a 19 or mayybe even a
17. By used on ebay or elsewhere and you can usually sell without much
loss. Keep you old prop and you can swap them back and forth depending on
what you are planning to do for the day.

"crystalguy" wrote in message
ups.com...
More top end doesn't interest me.
I just bought the boat and won't be able to pull tubes behind it till
spring.
We are all about multiple tubes.....175hp may be enough for us but I
want to know what my options are if it isn't.

Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
and it takes 15hp to gain 1mph! What are you trying to do & why?

"crystalguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a 1988 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser V-6 4.3 with a 2
barrel carb (175 hp)
Is it possible to convert this to a 4.3 with 4 barrel carb (205hp)
Is it just a matter of changing the carb and intake or are the
ingnitions different?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.