posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default Sailing towards disaster? ...guns guns guns

If you shoot one & he falls dead to the floor, the others
will almost certainly start running like hell. I don't know
about Texas, but here one cannot claim self-defense after
shooting people in the back.

Joe wrote:
Here you have a right to use deadly force to protect life and property.

Same here. In fact, NC has a very strong freeholder law, you
can shoot people on your property. However, it would be very
very difficult to justify shooting somebody in the back on
the basis that you were protecting yourself, your family, or
your property. If they're running away, they're not
threatening you.

Again at night, it's dark and the door has been forced open (with
Skipper barking like crazy Terry yelling and me yelling I' going to
shoot) I'm going to start blasting in the general direction (taking
care not to hit the Newmar breaker panel) and steadyup on target later.
I would be very aggressive I assure you. The rash of kick in burglers
have shown they are very willing to kill.

It's been a problem here too, mostly crack-heads. Comes &
goes in waves, usually the spree comes to an ending with one
of the gang getting killed or several of them sent to the
state pea farm for a long long time.

A stun grenade would probably be the best weapon against
them, you could set one off by remote, then just bop them
over the head while they were helpless. Less expensive and
doesn't damage the furniture.

DSK