posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Sailing towards disaster? ...guns guns guns

DSK wrote:
"Capt" Rob wrote:
I wonder why Doug and his Wife, powerboaters through and through, own
guns.

I wonder why Bobsprit feels the need to insult other people
because they have something he doesn't.

As for why I have guns, because I am a small-town Southern
boy and grew up huntin' and shooting for sport. Guns were an
everyday fact of life & part of our household. I am familiar
with guns, comfortable with guns, at one time in my life
spent considerable time & effort developing a high degree of
skill with guns. It's fun and it can come in very handy
(unfortunately... I wish the world were not a place where
guns are often necessary, but wishing doesn't take the place
of reality).

.... Oh, and not just guns; pistols, weapons designed to kill other
human beings.

Why do cops carry pistols in New York City?

Joe wrote:
Maybe to be on a level playing field with a thief or murderer, rapist
if needed.

So they don't get in a gun fight with a knife?

Any gun is a tool. It is merely a differential pressure
engine. Used properly, it does not kill but rather protects
& enforces the law. Just like any other tool. Hammers &
chainsaws can kill people too.

But your right, why carry a pistol when you can own a AR-15 shorty
carbine with a 30 round clip?

http://www.dallasguns.com/media/150_1.jpg way better than a pistol
and just about as easy to manuver in tight areas.

Yeah but it's difficult to wear discreetly under a sports
jacket.

All you need is a trench coat. A 10 mm Glock is pretty bulky too.
If you need to conceal.. then a Walter PPK or Colt hammerless pocket
pony are good choices.

Joe

Joe

DSK