posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Sailing towards disaster?

DSK wrote:
over 100,000 women fended off robbers and rapist with guns last year.

Can you a cite a source for this number?

C. Kelly's book "Blown Away" a study of American women and guns. BTW 17
million ( and growing) women in the USA carry guns.

Joe

Charlie Morgan wrote:
That number came from he

http://www.mazes.com/numberingsystems.html#american

CWM

** * ** * ** * ** *

Donald Rumsfeld is briefing George Bush in the Oval Office:

"Oh, and finally, sir, three Brazilian soldiers were killed
in Iraq
today."

Bush goes pale, his jaw hanging open in stunned disbelief.
He buries his face in his hands, muttering "My God...My God...
those poor men and all their families."

"Mr. President," says Cheney, "we lose soldiers all the
time, and it's terrible. But I've never seen you so upset.
What's the matter?"

Bush looks up, wiping away tears, and says, "How many zeroes
in a 'Brazilian' again?"