Al Hartkopf

Default Plugs, Oil, and Filter

So I'm about to climb up in the boat and check the number on the oil
filter and plugs. I'm going to change the oil and filter, fuel filter,
and plugs. The lady I bought the boat from had a zippered case full of
SeaRay paraphenalia, but nowere in there does it advise plug or filter
number. It's a 4.3 L normally aspirated v6 chevy.
Any ideas on the plugs and filters? Don't say Mercury, because there
ain't no such dealer for miles around. I'm thinking Fram filters and
Autolite plugs.
Speaking of plugs, anybody have anything good to say about the
"Splitfire" version of Autolite plug?
Then there is oil. With all the ratings and such, I'm thinking about
using a 15w50 Synthetic. Any experiences with that I should know about?
Again, no mercury dealer around. If anyone thinks it's workth it, I can
order the stuff, but normally these brand names are just ways to make
money on maintenance supplies.
Lastly, there is the air filter. Kind of strange looking as airfilters
go. Could there be a Fram replacement for that as well?
Thanks,
Al