posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Sloco busted AGAIN!

Huh? Could explain just what the backstay has to do with the length of

the luff?

Martin, the headboard has to able to clear the backstay at the top of
the mast. My headboard cannot go to the very top of the groove because
it would foul the backstay. My Kevlar main has a bit more roach than a
standard main, so she'll actually have more Sq. feet than the standard.
Got it? I posted 4 photos so far showing the true hoist, which is about
a foot or so below the top of the mast. Sloco actually (see his posts)
that ALL of these boats have mains with the wrong hoist. I have the
original Beneteau main in my sail-locker and the hoist is the same as
the Kevlar sail.
Like I said, Sloco sure knows boats! If he had quickly googled up a few
pics he would have spotted his mistake. Now I get to blast him for it
forever!

RB
35s5
NY