posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Our New Sails....on the way!

Depends on how you define "longevity." Kevlar and other
hi-tech material sails don't last longer overall, but they
hold their shape longer. Thus they have greater competitive
longevity.

Doug once again repeats what I've already said.

Without some
time spent by a sailmaker on board your vessel (or an
identical sistership), buying hi-tech sails is pretty much a
waste of money.

Of course. These came off the exact same boat and I even spoke to the
original owner about it. The only difference in his rig is that he
improved his backstay adjustment, but he did this after the sails were
cut.
The main is here and looks NEW. Waiting for the genoa now!

And I can't wait to go sailing with these sails!

RB
35s5
NY