posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Our New Sails....on the way!

suspect that the longevity of your sails is more likely to be
determined by
the number of hours you expose them to UV rays in sunlight-especially
the
black-or near-black- one. You would have done better to get a set of
white
conventional sails.

They look more black than they are. In any case I spoke to quite a few
people about these sails before buying. Folks that we work with at UK
and Doyle both agreed that the Kevlar main dies a final death sooner
than a dacron sail. But they also felt that the Kevlar held most of
it's shape for longer. I can attest to this since the J29 I sail on has
a Kevlar main and it's 5 years old and still in pretty good shape. Of
course a Dacron sail can last 20 years, but how much shape is left at
that point? Also keep in mind that these are tri-radial. For 1200 bucks
and a lazy jacks system thrown in, it's an amazing deal.
Even if I owned a good set of dacron sails I would not have passed
these up!

RB
35s5
NY