Paul Nakamura

Default Motor Overheated, now Water in Oil

Check your exhaust hoses, if they ran without cooling water they may be
damaged.

Paul
..
"bobby" wrote in message

bobby wrote:

The boat is a 1992 Malibu with the Mercruiser Magnum Skier (Chevy 350

block)
and the hour meter says 996, if that makes a difference. The raw water

pump
went out and I drove it maybe 1/2 mile before noticing the temp was

maxed out
at 212. Stopped and let it cool some and idled back to the ramp in 3

segments
(ran till temp went back to 200, stopped and floated 20 minutes or so

and did
it 2 more times).

snip
I'm an advocate of posting "the rest of the story" as I often read a

thread but
never know what acutally fixed the problem or what was the final outcome.
Anyway, got the heads back today and the shop said they were warped

enough to
have been a problem. I will repost if this didn't fix the problem, but

pretty
confident. Won't have gaskets until tomorrow.......