basskisser basskisser is offline

Default Global warming and hurricanes...

Alotta Fagina wrote:
You wrote:

Anyway, it's a picture of the East Coast taken at night - it's like
one mass of light - amazing image.

I'll find it and scan it.

http://www.darksky.org/images/satelite/usa_1996-97.gif

That's not a picture.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...1994-1995b.jpg

Neither is that.

How are they NOT pictures????

pic‧ture  /ˈpɪktʃər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled
Pronunciation[pik-cher] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
noun, verb, -tured, -tur‧ing.

–noun 1. a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a
painting, drawing, photograph, etc.: I carry a picture of my grandchild
in my wallet.
2. any visible image, however produced: pictures reflected in a pool of
water.
3. a mental image: a clear picture of how he had looked that day.
4. a particular image or reality as portrayed in an account or
description; depiction; version.

They both certainly fit #1, huh?
Opps, they both fit #2's definition also, huh?
What a dolt!