James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default What to do with old gas?

Eisboch wrote:
"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:N_ZWg.1257$P92.1020@trndny02...

So I recently acquired a 1965 Bayliner 19', I already know I have a huge
project ahead of me but before I can go much further, the fuel tank is
*full* of gas which has been sitting in there for over 4 years. There was
a bottle of stabilizer among the assorted crap in the boat but I'm
guessing this stuff must be far too old to run in a motor. How do I get
rid of it? There must be close to 20 gallons of 50:1.

I've never done it but have heard of people that put a gallon or so at a
time in their car or cars everytime they fill them up. The small amount of
old gas with 2 stroke oil mixed with it apparently won't hurt anything.

I'm liking that idea, the thought had occurred to me but I wasn't sure
if it was a good idea. Now to find something to siphon it into for the
time being.