posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Our New Sails....on the way!

Edgar wrote:
You have bought a BLACK mainsail??

It's more of a smoked look. It's AKS 18 from Contender (Aramide
(Kevlar) fibre), which is 5.5 ounce for boats to 15000 lbs. The
Pentax-Mylar jib is 4.9oz Pentax sandwiched in Mylar film with
superlight White UV cover, and somewhat lighter in color. Of course
these are sails well beyond any of my needs, but they will also be fun
and have some longevity for our light sailing...and the price is
fantastic since I was able to trade a sail I couldn't use for anything.

RB
35s5
NY