Clams Canino Clams Canino is offline

Default What to do with old gas?

The cleanest way to dispose of it is to burn it in "something".
Siphon at least 15 gallons of it out into three 5 gallon cans.

Then use it in the lawnmower (50/50 with real gas) or add it slowly to the
car or back into the boat... always making sure it's no more than 15% of the
fuel supply. And make sure it's CLEAN before using it in anything.

I've run into a lot of "free gas" that way. Just use it SLOWLY.

The little oil (50/1) mixed in won't hurt anything.

-W

"James Sweet" wrote in message
So I recently acquired a 1965 Bayliner 19', I already know I have a huge
project ahead of me but before I can go much further, the fuel tank is
*full* of gas which has been sitting in there for over 4 years. There
was a bottle of stabilizer among the assorted crap in the boat but I'm
guessing this stuff must be far too old to run in a motor. How do I get
rid of it? There must be close to 20 gallons of 50:1.