Larry

Default OT--Wal-Mart Posts $2.44B in 2Q Earnings

Might be good for the boat and motor companies, and their dealers, to
note that WalMart is successful because every consumer knows how EASY
it is to take back something that's defective or even if you just
don't like it, to WalMart.

I bought a set of Goodyear tires from WalMart a couple of years ago
for my Mercedes station wagon. 2 years later, I got a nail in the
left front tire. I had purchased WalMarts $9 extended road hazard
guarantee, so I took it to my local WalMart and pointed out the nail
to the service writer. "Hmm....that nail looks too close to the
sidewall for me. Joe, put this man on a new tire, will ya."

Joe could have simply plugged the hole and sent me on my way. Tire
dealers would have. Not WalMart. I got a new tire....

Guess where I'm going for tires for the other car and truck when they
need it.

A set of Goodyears from WalMart was $280, with the extra warranty good
forever until the tires are worn out. A similar set of Goodyears from
the Goodyear dealer was over $500 and, if I'd blown the tire in Kansas
for instance, I couldn't have gone into the local Walmart store to get
it fixed or replaced in any town......

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:12:53 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"I am pleased our associates achieved record quarterly sales and earnings,"
said company president and chief executive Lee Scott.

...except in Rochester, right Doug?

Hehehe.

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.