Tony Thomas

Default OUtboard Controls.. I have a Johnson.. Ordered the controls and they say "MERC " on them?

Please define controls. Are you talking about control cables or the control
box or both or something else.
In general - no the Merc will not work w/ the Johnson. I have seen people
modify them to work but unless you know what your doing - safety issues may
be involved.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

wrote in message
73 Johnson outboard. controls were shot. These are side mount. Friend
ordered some he thought would work from E-bay.. They came back and
they are top mounted controls.. And say MERC on them. These will not
work will they?