Jan Jan is offline

Default Atlantic crossing

On 9 Oct 2006 08:11:20 -0700, "Jeff" wrote:

Having experienced, on several occasions, the North Atlantic in winter when I
was in the Royal Navy, there is no way anyone could entice me out there in a
small boat. Have you any idea at all what the conditions are like at that time
of year?
I would suggest waiting until April or even May and then head up the centre to
Bermuda, then to the Azores, then on to Gib. If your mate wants his boat
earlier than that, I'd tell him to get it himself.

Jan

Hi chaps,
No not a delivery skipper, just a bloke who has done a few miles and
has agreed to bring back a boat for a mate from W/I to Croatia, where
he wants it for summer

jeff
Gerald wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

...why are you leaving the Caribbean in the middle of winter?

If I recall... Jeff does "deliveries"... which is probably the case
in this thread of his.

Hummmm... a delivery Captain checking on an internet newsgroup for
directions on crossing the atlantic?

Best regards

Bill

"If you can't take a joke,you shouldn't have joined"