GOP=Gas & Oil Perverts GOP=Gas & Oil Perverts is offline

Default 4.3 2bbl to 4.3 4bbl

"crystalguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a 1988 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser V-6 4.3 with a 2
barrel carb (175 hp)
Is it possible to convert this to a 4.3 with 4 barrel carb (205hp)
Is it just a matter of changing the carb and intake or are the
ingnitions different?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

As everyone said should be an easy swap, do you really want to pump more gas
through the boat for a slight increase in power?

I went through the whole thought process with my 4.3. Decided against the 4
barrel due to cost/ gas/ and minor performance increase.

THEN I had water in my oil, found the 2 barrel manifold cracked. Replaced
it with a 4 barrel manifold, bought an adapter plate, rejetted my two barrel
and gained about 10-15 hp. Top end only improved very slightly, but low end
torque and hole shot are a lot better.