Don White

Default trailer hitch for 740, 760, 940, 960

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

Go with U-Haul. The iron itself is not that big a deal, but the

installation
is. Cutting
a hitch off an old wreck and then giving your neighbor a sixpack to weld

it up
for you.....and then trying to wire it properly,
is a lot of work save a piddly $319.

The guys at U-Haul probably aren't rocket scientists, but they do

specialize in
installing hitches and can probably do a better job on the 1751st hitch

job
than you would do on your very first.

Considering the dollar value of the trailer and load, the hitch and the
installation is a poor place, IMO, to economize.

I agree. When I bought my Plymouth Voyager new, I asked the Chrysler dealer
where I should get a hitch installed. he said they could do it but advised
me to go across the street to U-Haul. No problems 9 years later and
counting.
Do it once and do it right.