posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Anyone using a Digital cell phone Antenna?

Gerald wrote in
:

From what you say, it is doing everything analog, do you think this
could significantly increase the useful range of my cell phone?

Instead of the DA4000, on a sailboat or large yacht, I'd think a home
repeater like this one, sold at also a great price, would be very
appropriate:
http://www.cellantenna.com/repeater/cae50_gemini.htm
Install it, turn it on and leave it run. It has a very low standby current
drain and at full power only draws less than 1/2 amp. Mount the dual-band
outside antenna as high up on top of the mast as you can get it without the
wind vane banging into it and the unit inside the boat as close to the base
of the mast as you can get it with 12V power from the house batteries.

This repeater will energize everyone's cellphone in the boat and give it
the range of the 7.5dbi antenna at masthead height, far better than
standing on the deck with the crappy hidden antenna in the phone.....

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.