Bert Robbins Bert Robbins is offline

Default Dumbass!

James Sweet wrote:
JimH wrote:
I went to check on the repairs on my boat this morning, get the
winterizing set up and square away on my bill. The engine was
running rough after my overheating episode this summer. My new
mechanic found that the port side exhaust manifold gaskets had failed
due to the overheating and were allowing water into 2 of the
cylinders. They also found that the oil cooler was leaking and the
wrong spark plugs were installed (I had my old marina do a tune up on
the boat last summer).

Every time the *OMC Certified* mechanic at my old marina touched my
boat he screwed something up. First he never replaced the impeller
like I asked him to, saying he checked it and was working fine. Then
the boat overheated because the impeller failed. Then he installed
the wrong temperature thermostat when trying to "fix" the problem,
never finding the bad manifold gasket. Earlier he used the wrong
spark plugs during a routine tune-up.

Boy am I glad we switched marinas and now have a good mechanic. ;-)

If you want a job done right, you've gotta do it yourself, that's what
I've always gone by and so far so good.

Do you do your own dentistry? What about surgery, do you use a mirror
with the scapel?