posted to rec.boats.paddle
Steve B. Steve B. is offline

Default Pelican/Coleman canoe seat separation

We sent a series of pics to the dealer, who in turn forwarded them to
Pelican. That Pelican offered to send the dealer a set of reinforcement
straps suggests they've run in to the problem before, which is why I posed
the question to the newsgroup. The dealer is forwarding our reluctance to
accept a makeshift solution to Pelican. I'm curious to see if the EU laws
do a better job of protecting the consumer.

Steve

"Courtney" wrote in message
. ..
From looking at that picture, that is so much of a manufacturer warranty
issue that I can't understand why they wouldn't replace it. I worked in
the
industry, though not for Coleman or Pelican, and can see clearly that they
should replace this. Did you send them the picture? I'm assuming that
you
did. Have you tried calling them and talking to a manager or even the
president of the company?

Courtney

"Steve B." wrote in message
y.telekom.at...
Wonder if anyone's seen anything like this before?
http://www.geocities.com/sblume/download3.jpg
http://www.pelican-intl.com/touring.html

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...tegoryid=66001

This is the second season of lake canoeing for us. The water can get a

bit
choppy. Sunlight on the black seats heat them up pretty good. Except
for
the trip from the dealer, the canoe has not been transported. A couple
of
weeks ago we noticed tears in the midships and bow seats. The midships

seat
has never been used. There are three tears, each about two inches long
at
the 90 degree bend where the seat meets the gunnel.When we contacted the
dealer, he in turn contacted Pelican. We were advised that the
separation
was likely from canoeing without the seat pedestals, (no, never done
that)
and they could send us some metal brackets to patch the tears. They did

not
offer to replace the seats, in spite of a "two year limited warrantee".
Anyone have a similar experience?

Steve
sblume at yahoo dot com