posted to rec.boats.paddle
riverman riverman is offline

Default Pelican/Coleman canoe seat separation

"Steve B." wrote in message
y.telekom.at...
Wonder if anyone's seen anything like this before?
http://www.geocities.com/sblume/download3.jpg
http://www.pelican-intl.com/touring.html
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...tegoryid=66001

This is the second season of lake canoeing for us. The water can get a
bit choppy. Sunlight on the black seats heat them up pretty good. Except
for the trip from the dealer, the canoe has not been transported. A
couple of weeks ago we noticed tears in the midships and bow seats. The
midships seat has never been used. There are three tears, each about two
inches long at the 90 degree bend where the seat meets the gunnel.When we
contacted the dealer, he in turn contacted Pelican. We were advised that
the separation was likely from canoeing without the seat pedestals, (no,
never done that) and they could send us some metal brackets to patch the
tears. They did not offer to replace the seats, in spite of a "two year
limited warrantee". Anyone have a similar experience?

Steve
sblume at yahoo dot com

Hmm, someone come to Coleman's defense now, and tell us how they aren't
really the piece of crap that people say they are.

--riverman