posted to rec.boats.building
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Black spots

I tried it yesterday. Heavy on the oxalic in hot water. Used paper towels
wetted down and left on the spots for an hour. Yup, black is still there!
Gordon
"Dave W" wrote in message
Somewhere, someplace there must be someone that has had good luck getting
rid of dark areas in poorly maintained brightwork using oxalic acid. It

has
never worked for me.....sometimes the black is a little lighter but not

much
better.
Dave
"RW Salnick" wrote in message
Gordon inscribed in red ink for all to know:
I have some old varnished wood I want to strip down and reuse. This
wood
has black areas around the old screw holes. How do I get rid of the

black
w/o sanding away all the wood?
Thanks
Gordon