posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Steve Hix Steve Hix is offline

Default Pentax Optio W10 as a kayak video cam on Colorado River

In article ,
"Marek \"Wayfarer\"" wrote:

During my trip to Glenwood Canyon a month ago I spent a couple of hours
on the Colorado River playing with my Pentax Optio W10 in a video mode.
I tried the camera mounted in different ways on a kayak deck with a
suction cup (sticky pod) and as a helmet cam. I didn't add any music.
All sounds including underwater were recorded directly by the camera.

Here is a 3 minute movie assembled from those clips:
http://www.fit2paddle.com/photokayak...146/index.html

Please note that I am migating my "paddling and photography" blog to a
new server and domain name - "paddling with a camera":
http://photokayaker.fit2paddle.com

Optio W10 is main camera for paddling and other outdoor activities.

Marek

I picked up a W10 this summer, passing my original Optio WP to one of my
daughters. The video quality is much better than the first camera's was.

It's a nifty little camera that goes with us paddling, and just about
everywhere else that I don't haul my digital SLR and lenses along.

And thanks for showing details of your mounts; I like the suction cup
mount. My efforts with various sorts of c-clamps have returned variable
results.