posted to rec.boats.electronics
chuck chuck is offline

Default Static on FM Radio

luc wrote:
it is certainly an appropriate question, and I wondered exactly that
same thing. I haven't noticed it on the VHF, but then I'm not
listening to it for music, or news, and static might be less unusual
than on an FM set. The CD/FM/AM radio is a car radio, and worked fine
in my last car, but junked the car and kept the radio. Now there is
static.. I'm inclined to thinking it's in the 12V wiring rather than
outputting RF, but I don't kow, and don't know how to test for it
either.

thanks for your reply,

Luc

I had just assumed it was your VHF FM