Steven Shelikoff

Default How to change trailer winch cable on land?

Gary Warner wrote:
"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message

What do you use to keep the boat on the trailer when your on the road?
I hope it's not just the winch! If the pawl breaks, look out behind.

Steve

From the origional post:
I have about a foot long chain that goes from the
trailer to the boat just in case the winch shoudl fail.

The original poster sounded worried that the boat would roll off the
trailer if he unhooked the winch to replace the cable. That was the
whole point of his post afterall, i.e., how to change the cable on land.
If he's worried that the foot long chain will fail with the trailer
sitting still while changing the winch cable, how much confidence could
he have of it holding the boat on the trailer when running down the highway?

Steve