posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Heart of Gold clip to windward

Thank you for admitting that you really don't understand the basic
terminology of sailing.

You're claiming now that whenever you say "upwind" you might mean
"ever so slightly higher than a beam reach" and when you say "VMG
upwind" you actually mean speed through the water, or speed over
ground, or what ever speed you think sounds cool.

Here's a hint: I have no need of backpedaling, you're the one who
said: "to windward at just over 6 knots VMG." That means only one
thing to a sailor. Obviously, it means something different to you.

Its nice you're having fun with the boat. Think of how much more fun
it would be if you learned how to sail.

Capt. Rob wrote:
Your point of sail??? You said "to windward at just over 6
knots VMG." To a sailor, that pretty much says it all. Once again,
you've shown that you don't actually understand the terms "to
windward" and "VMG."

Uh, Jeff....to windward does not mean mean you're as high up as you can
go. You CLEARLY don't know what windward means at all. You seem to
think that it must be fully close hauled. Nope and nope. I never said
we were beating, which is more specific to most folks, but even that is
not always optimal upwind work, now is it?! Jeff, look at ANY sailing
book. Anything higher than a BEAM REACH is upwind!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now lets see you backpedal out of this one.
All you have left...and have been reduced to...is calling me names.
I've posted video of Heart of Gold clearly booking and a fun sail. I
reported speed and VMG via the GPS.

Sorry we're having a blast with the boat, Jeff. I can see it's killing
you when you see a video of Heart of Gold flying along and all you do
is cry about our VMG!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! CRACK!!!!

RB
35s5