posted to rec.boats.building
ray lunder ray lunder is offline

Default uggggguh, pattern making. Any tips for the frustrated?

Ahoy, I'm hoping to make a wooden cap around the combing on my
cockpit. The combing top is about 3" wide and kind of an elongated
horseshoe shaped arc which measures 16 feet in total length. I started
by tracing flooring paper, then transferring that to eighth inch ply
scrap, then 3/8" wood in 2 foot sections checking each stage. The
curve is always off even on these short runs. Significantly off. Any
suggestions? I built two wooden curved sliding cabin hatches and the
cap rail sides and tops without any real problems but this is giving
me grief.
Thanks as always.