posted to rec.boats.building
Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Steel hull and aluminum superstructure

It used to be called "Datacouple". It's seems to have dropped off
Google's radar screen which essentially means non-existant now. The
only references I see are reviews of some old boats that use it.

It must still be around somewhere.

--

Roger Long

"André Langevin" wrote in message
Hi to all,

I am a newcomer on this newsgroup and you'll see me around as i'm
starting the construction of a new boat. I currently have a 34 feet
powerboat in aluminum and my nest boat will be a 44 or 45 steel
sailboat. I'm looking at building a Bruce Roberts design and i
would like the deck superstructure to be in aluminum. I've seen
many commercial boat done this way and even old Coast Guard patrol
boat of 30+ years old without any corrosion problem so it is
something i'd like to do. But i can't find any industry that
carries the special strip that isolate both metals but still permit
to weld them both.

Does someone ever see this ?

André