posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default UAV's, for cruising and racing

Scout wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
War always brings new technology to the common man.

Like the gps and sat pics. I'd be happier with a system of seeing live sat
pics in a gps type scenario.
Scout

No doubt, I see the day coming when Radars on boats will be obsolete.
Log onto the local radar station on the internet enter your GPS
position to center on your position , get weather off the internet, and
as you say live sat pics zooming down to the foward stay so you do not
have to go on deck to check sail set, then zoom out to cover the whole
Gulf of Mexico.

Joe