Steven Shelikoff

Default How to change trailer winch cable on land?

Ree-Yees wrote:
My winch cable is ripped about half way across at one point. I want to
replace the cable sitting in my driveway but want to make sure my boat isnt
going to slide off onto the ground. I have a shoreland'r trailer with
rollers.

I have about a foot long chain that goes from the trailer to the boat just
in case the winch shoudl fail. Im hoping that will be enough to hold my
boat on the trailer while I change out the winch cable.

How do you guys change yours out? I guess I could have someone drive my
boat around while I change it out in the parking lot.

What do you use to keep the boat on the trailer when your on the road?
I hope it's not just the winch! If the pawl breaks, look out behind.

Steve