posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Force 5 stove report

Keep your tank clean and scratch free. The tank that came on
my boat was scratched up a bit, some small rust. The one
place wouldn't exchange it without a $300 deposit in case
they had to test / replace the tank. I took it home, sanded
and painted it. next Spring they exchanged it , no problem.
You used to be able to get a refill fitting so you could go
to any CNG 'gas station ( there's quite a few around Balt)
and refill the tank yourself, for around $6. Those fittings
are now outlawed because of the higher pressures involved.

Scotty

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Cool.. Thanks for the link! There's one right down the

street from where I
keep the boat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
http://www.corpbrothers.com/marine.htm#california

http://www.corpbrothers.com/index.html

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I would think so, but I haven't checked.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I have a two-burner low pressure alcohol system (no

oven).
I'm thinking
about converting it to CNG. a propane conversion

isn't
recommended by Sabre,
apparently. I think it has to do with the difficulty

of
installation.

Most likely. You can mount a CNG tank anywhere. Mine

is
under the starboard settee, next to the stove. . You

do
need
a small vent to the outside. Is there tank exchange

places
near you?

SBV