posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Four new thru-hulls = one happy man !

Bart wrote:
I think you should take it out and put in a steam engine.

DSK wrote:
.... my own motorboat is overpowered by about 30%, which
I would not call obscene but it's got one of the smallest
engines I've ever heard of in a boat of it's type & size).

Bart wrote:
I don't know Doug. I think I'd call that obscene.

Well what about the same hull & same disp with twin 400s? Or
those 16' sliver shaped bass boats with twin 225 outboards?

I know of two sisterships of ours, one has the same engine &
the owner grips that he wants twins & more power, the other
has a 165 Perkins and the owner thinks the boat has "about"
the right amount of power. I think it would do just fine
with 90hp.

There's not enough room in his engine room...and he would have to put a
paddle wheel on back and then he wouldn't fit in his slip....