posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart Thom Stewart is offline

Default Force 5 stove report

Joe,

I had a two burner "Origo" and loved it. I've heard some bad reports
about them. I've no proof of them but it did force to take special
cautions.

The worst I heard ,was a woman went to fill a canister that went dry and
tried to fill it to finish cooking. It flashed she dropped the gallon
container of Alcohol, which flashed and started a fire on the floor and
cut off her ability to get to the extinguisher. Made a mess of the cabin
and burnt she pretty bad.

Like I say, don't know if true but made me get two extra canisters and
always transload alcohol from gallon jug to a pint plastic bottle to
refuel any canister. Always a cold canister.

I loved those Alky instant light canisters.

I also had a Origo Cabin heater but discovered it was a LOT cheaper to
run the Diesel Aux. & Red Dot heater.

17 plus years and never a problem.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT