posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Force 5 stove report

DSK wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:
You can put alcohol out with water.

Joe wrote:
Thats good, cuz when your covered with flames you an not see the best
thing to do is jump in the water.

IMHO alcohol is a perfectly OK fuel, a bit expensive per BTU
but handy and makes the cabin smell nice.

I bet Joe is thinking of those old-time pump-up alcohol
stoves that had to be primed with kerosene and used a
pressurized vapor at the burner. Those things were funky
although I wouldn't call them really dangerous. Maybe Joe's
had some leaks or else rusted-thru burner throats.

Hey Joe, those things are dinosaurs... do you know anything
about any technology that is more recent that say 1875?

DSK

No don't know anything about them, cept some lady on the other side of
the lake caught on fire and got burned up pretty bad, don't remember
all the details but not seeing herself on fire was a big factor, she
jumped in the lake to put it out.

Joe