posted to rec.boats.building
MMC MMC is offline

Default Folding dinghy

Known what you mean, time and money don't usually show up at the same time
around our house!
Any boat project I do takes a heck of a lot longer that I plan on because
work and life get in the way.
MMC
"John Seager" wrote in message
"MMC" wrote in message
. ..
I'm saving up my boat bucks for a http://porta-bote.com/.
For me, not having the maintenance the ply boats would require, fewer
parts to lose, stability, longevity, and ease of setup will make up for
any aesthetic losses.
MMC

Potabote seems to have quite a good reputation but I'm hoping to save by
building my own - ply seems like the easiest route.
Have taken the plunge and bought the plans for Flapdoodle - quite
comprehensive plans/instructions, although it looks surprisingly
complicated. Now all I need is the time to make it - don't hold your
breath!