Gould 0738

Default OT--Wal-Mart Posts $2.44B in 2Q Earnings

One retail theory is that when the economy is lousy, EVERYONE shops downward
one level. So, even if you prefer Lands' End t-shirts, you may settle for
Fruit of the Loom, or whatever WM sells.

It's the Puritan Work Ethic/ Depression mentality of our ancestors at work.
Most Americans feel compelled to seek out the lowest price. Buying from a more
socially responsible company that treats its employees fairly and isn't
contributing to the great suburban homogenization of America sounds like a
great idea......that somebody else should look into. We're all too busy saving
$15 on a color TV to give a
dang, personally.